Hello! Thanks for visiting my online home.
I structure my life around a simple goal: be happy and healthy in the year 2100. (Yes, really.)
Along the way I aspire to:
- Be the best father and husband I can
- Earn financial independence
- Run an unreasonable number of miles
- Maintain a decent work/life balance
I’m building a collection of articles and notes about anything that gets me closer to my goal. Happiness, ethical living, financial independence, career satisfaction, entrepreneurship, health, relationships, goal setting, sleep, nutrition… these topics are all fair game.
I’ll also write about projects I’m working on, tools I’ve built, and technology I’m interested in.
60 second biography
- I’m bootstrapping my own software business. No venture capital: stay small, stay small.
- I spent 7 years working at Google as a Partner Engineer for YouTube and YouTube Music.
- I’ve run at least a mile every day for over 4 years — including several ultramarathons.
- I build awesome apps for tabletop RPGs that have thousands of monthly active users.
- I’ve taken photographs that have been featured by the BBC, Lifehacker and the Smithsonian.
- I’m always learning something new — usually related to programming or entrepreneurship.
- I live with my wife and daughter, and I spent most of 2019 on parental leave as a full-time dad.
- I’m based just outside London in a wonderful town called Reading.
- Interested to learn more? Read all about me…