Hello! Thanks for visiting my online home.
I structure my life around a simple goal: be happy and healthy in the year 2100. (Yes, really.)
My website is a collection of articles and notes about anything that gets me closer to that goal. Happiness, ethical living, financial independence, career satisfaction, entrepreneurship, health, relationships, goal setting, sleep, nutrition — all of these topics are fair game. I also write about projects I’m working on, tools I’ve built and technology I’m interested in.
60 second biography
- I work at Google as a Partner Engineer for YouTube Music.
- I have a software company called Caster Level, and I build awesome apps for tabletop RPGs.
- I’ve run at least a mile every day for over 4 years — including several marathons and ultramarathons.
- I’ve taken photographs that have been featured by the BBC, Lifehacker and the Smithsonian.
- I’m always learning something new — usually a new programming language or technique, or some aspect of business development or growth marketing.
- I live with my wife and daughter, and I spent most of 2019 on parental leave as a full-time dad.
- I’m based just outside London in a wonderful city called Reading.
- Interested to learn more? Read all about me…